Sunday, September 9, 2007

Camping is the New Pain in the Back

Tonight marks #15 of my Guinness Book of Records-seeking quest to become the world's most ludicrous camper. That's right, I'm (still) sleeping on an air mattress in a two-room-studio-sized tent in Fort Greene. Sure I have running water and thermopane windows, but as a Girl Scout, I know that if I want to build a fire, I'm going to have to un-brick the fireplace, and if I want to appear like a pro, I'm going to need one of those collapsable cups.
The movers called Thursday (one week later than anticipated) and said they'd be here 'tomorrow'. So the charade continues on Monday (the tomorrow after that...after that...after that). The new twist? $450.00 more than the maximum guaranteed amount quoted at pick-up.

But on a brighter note, I'm going to see a taping of The Daily Show tomorrow afternoon. #1 on the list of TV shows (still on the air) that I want to see live, I will undoubtedly come home to an empty apartment tomorrow night with a huge smile and sense of long-term goal accomplishment.

No comments: